Once a website is developed, you must think that people will now automatically start visiting the website, however, that is never the case.
Let us remind you of the fact that there are thousands of fish in the sea of emerging businesses. Therefore, just because you have created a website, doesn’t mean that people will magically know that you exist. In fact, 75% of search engine users don’t bother scrolling past the first page of search results.
Sally’s Business cannot be found online
Although Sally has created her website, she still wonders how new customers would be able to find him online. Just the thought of the tough competition present on the internet makes Sally feel like she won’t be able to make her mark in the world ruled by search engine result
What should you do?
In order to attract users and essentially be “found” on the internet, it is crucial that you come up with a strong SEO strategy.
There are a few very essential questions that you should ask yourself:
- What is an SEO?
- How can I use SEO?
- What are the rules governing the use of SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, in other words, the art of optimizing your website to improve its ranking on search engines. In today’s world where we all rely on search engines to direct us to businesses be it something we need, or a business located within our area, we rely on search engine results to help us connect. However, as busy as our modern day lifestyle is, none of us has the time to browse through each and every page of the results provided by the search engine and therefore, we rely on the first few pages of the result. Keeping this in mind, making use of SEO to appear on the top suggestions of the search results means that you are more likely to be chosen and be one step ahead of our competitors.
Your checklist to using SEO effectively:
- Make use of unique, brief, and descriptive title (meta tags) for each of your pages to help search engines provide a summary of what the page contains.
- Use internal links to direct the visitor to other pages contained within your website. You can link all related articles with the help of keywords and anchor text (a clickable text in a hyperlink).
- ALWAYS format your text before publishing. Make the font easy to read and appear well presented to the eyes.
- Optimize images to enhance the overall user experience. Add a few keywords to the images, and make use of smaller sized images that don’t take a toll on the load speed for your page.
- You will be stressed out when Google sends you an “I give up, your site has too many URLs” message. Refrain from using too many URLs, and use only ONE URL per page.
Sally’s business is found online
Even though Sally still has a long way ahead on his journey to have a successful identity on the internet. With the guidance provided by Shacklo Media, Sally now has complete knowledge of how he can make his website effective from the very beginning.
Be one step ahead of the competition
SEO makes your website easy to be comprehended for users and search engines. This increases the chances of your being found on the web, which in turn increases the number of people visiting your business online. Having a website based on strong SEO strategies allows you to stand out from the competition and be found on the very first pages of search engine results pertaining to your business.